NOVAC 2012 Scholarship Program
Information and Instructions
The Northern Virginia Astronomy Club (NOVAC) seeks to provide scholarship assistance to students pursuing a project or program of studies that is in some way connected to NOVAC's stated mission, "to observe and help others observe."
NOVAC's officers and Board of Trustees will evaluate all scholarship applications received. Two scholarship awards of $1,000 will be made by the club in August 2012.
Students (whether club members or not) can self-nominate. Any NOVAC club member may also complete this application on behalf of a deserving student.
Questions and applications may be directed to "email@example.com". Applications must be sent on or before Friday, July 20, 2012, and can be sent in plain text or PDF format. Please number each item in your application file to correspond with the items listed below.
Click here to download a printable version of this information and application instructions.
- Nominee's name (you may nominate yourself )
- Nominee's contact information (email, phone)
- Which academic institution will the nominee attend in the 2012-2013 school year?
- What is the nominee's connection to the Northern Virginia Astronomy Club, if any?
- What has the nominee done in pursuit of an interest in astronomy so far?
- How do the nominee's academic and/or personal plans relate to astronomy?
- How might NOVAC scholarship support help the nominee attain his/her goals?
- Is there any supporting information that would be helpful in evaluating this application? (for example: internships, awards, letters of recommendation, academic records, community service information, etc.)
- If you are a NOVAC member nominating a deserving student, please provide a brief statement of support for your nomination
- If you are a NOVAC member nominating a deserving student, please provide your name and contact information (email and phone)